Thursday, July 17, 2008

ORGANIZING A GROUP COMPLAINT AGAINST "PELEG HAGALIL"

We received a water bill that seems completely impossible from PelegHaGalil, the new company that took over from Mekorot.

They claim that the two of us used 45 cubes of water during the 05-06/08period.

To give you an idea of how ridiculous that is, they also list our usagefor the past year.

It reads:
05-06/2007: 18 cubes
07-08/2007: 21 cubes
09-10/2007: 23 cubes
11-12/2007: 17 cubes
01-02/2008: 18 cubes
03-04/2008: 21 cubes
05-06/2008: 45 cubes (current bill). The bill is for 346.20 NIS.

I don't see how this is possible. We used more than twice the water we used one year ago during the sameperiod when our son was living at home and serving on a local base andcoming home to shower every day? We two, Daniel and I, used more than twice what we used during July and August 2007, when our son was still living at home? And I'm drinking bottled water!

We have the same washing machine since January 2008. So, that's not theproblem.I also use water judiciously in respect for the low level of theKenneret. I turn off the tap when I'm soaping dishes, and when I'msoaping or shampooing in the shower or soaping my hands when I washthem.How can this amount of usage be???

Has anyone else received a far-out bill or heard of anyone who has?

Thanks in advance for your help.

__________________________________________________________

I too tried to reach Peleg by phone to no avail. The line is jammed.

Their web site does not open at all.

My Daughter said that she got a larger bill than makes sense to her too.

She told me this isn't the first time.

The last bill was also inordinate.

With the last bill she went to their office and she told me that the place was swamped with irate customers.

I, for one, do not intend to wait on line to tell them what they already evidently know very well for themselves.

I'm simply going to turn to consumer advocacy groups and have them investigated for widespread fraud.

_____________________________________________________

I was in the post office the other day and *everyone* there who was paying their water bill said there were far out usages on their bills. I asked and even the tellers said their bills were crazy.

I have not yet paid my bill and won't do so without a nasty fight.

It doesn't matter what the meter says. The meter we have is new and it's easy enough to tune a meter to run twice as fast.

I am not talking about increased tariffs. I'm talking about usage that is impossible.

When someone who was not in the country gets a bill for twice what they usually get, that's fraud.

This company has to be put in their place and fast.

A collective legal kick in the rear end'll set their heads straight.

__________________________


This water gauging seems to be an epidemic.

I urge you all to contact the following bodies:

You can serve a Complaint and ask for legal advice from the following body. I intend to try to get one of their lawyers involved, as this is so big.

The following is the fax number of The Israeli Council for Consumerism: 03- 6241035

This is their P.O. Box number: 20413

They are in Tel Aviv. The following is their zip code: 61203


I would also contact the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor - Department of Consumer Affairs.

Yitzchak Kimchi, Esq. is in charge. His number is: 02- 6662590

Also try his assistants at:

02- 6662593 and 02-6662596.

Here's another address for Consumer Complaints:

http://www.emun.org/ptrust/wc.dll?ptweb~homewc

The site is in Hebrew, but they accept complaints in English.

They call themselves Public Trust in English.

______________________________________________________

Within twenty-four hours of sending them, I have been notified that my Complaints concerning Peleg HaGalil have been received, with appreciation for bringing the matter to their attention, and that the Complaints have been directed to the proper departments for examination and handling.

Please join me in registering your Complaints concerning Peleg HaGalil.

The time to fight is now, not when there will be a very severe water shortage and they'll have "excuses".


It is essential to the common welfare that Consumer Protection agencies are made aware of the fraud of this company.

We are facing a particularly severe water shortage. Widespread fraud like this would be despicable if it involved any commodity, but involving as it does water during so serious a water shortage, it is beneath contempt.

D2

  And the Peace Goes On with God's Blessings