Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lodging a Claim Against the Water Company

We will soon be receiving another water bill. If you are like us, your meter will once again show an impossibly large water use.

Please be advised that I have reported Peleg HaGalil to the police for fraud and, in our case, abuse of physically reduced and disabled people.

I would recommend that anyone who feels physically or emotionally harmed from their fraudulent and strong-arm threats to turn off our water if we don't pay their extortion prices do the same.

The policeman I spoke with told me to go to the Court Building, right next to the Police station, and ask for a Claim form from Small Claims.

I did.

I met a unilingual English-speaker who has another Claim while there. So, I know it is possible for English-speakers to file Claims.

I have placed an ad in Hebrew in one of the local newspapers encouraging the public to take action against Peleg HaGalil.

I ask you to do so. Every Claim and Complaint at the Police Department strengthens the others.

I am intentionally *not* organizing a joint action. That would make it relatively inexpensive for Peleg HaGalil to organize their defense. I want them to spend as much money on their lawyers' time in court as possible. I want to break their backs financially.

Another avenue of recourse is to turn to the TV Program "Uvdah". They investigate fraudulent business practices of these kinds of companies ("Ta'agidim") and do exposes.

A multi-pronged approach against Peleg HaGalil is called for. They have proven to be obdurate in their determination to threaten us with cutting off our water supply if we do not pay their outrageous bills.

This will continue, and escalate, if we do not take action as a Community.

It may also be worth our while to turn to Ilan Schochat, the new Mayor and let him know about this horrific company.

Doreen and Daniel Dotan, Tzfat, Israel

DoreenDotan@gmail.com

  תכלית התורה: חיים שגרתיים קדושים