Sunday, August 06, 2006

I had been keeping a running record of some of what has been going in in Tzfat during this was on the following thread: http://tinyurl.com/l8o3d

However, the "contributors" to the ICQ forum are so peurile and obnoxious that I can no longer grace that forum with serious writing.

I will, henceforth, keep a blog of what goes down in Tzfat on this blog:

I have a neighbor who lives in the next building over in our building complex.

Whenever a bomb falls too close for comfort she calls me to make sure that nothing happened to my building.

Well, on Shabbat afternoon a bomb dropped right in front of her building. Another in the same barrage fell behind my building.

It's now awhile after the end of Shabbat Shabbat. My husband Dan and I just got back from going to see where it fell. It landed smack dab in the middle of the road that leads off the main highway. If it had been a weekday...

They removed the shell and plugged the huge hole it left, apparently temporarily with what looks like plain dirt, until proper materials are available. It happened, after all, on Shabbat when almost no one is working.

The rocket melted the asphalt upon impact and splatterings of molten asphalt are on the road and elsewhere.

It broke the sides of the concrete sidewalks on both sides of the street.

A car that was parked on the side of the road was ignited sympathetically and exploded. It's totally gutted.

Windows shattered in my friends' building, I am told.

A utility pole not more than 15 feet away was, miraculously, left untouched and intact.

We did not see ball bearings strewn around. Many rockets are packed with ball bearings.

Compared to what could have happened we got away very lucky - again.

It was awful, but miracles abound. Anyone experiences this and does not believe in miracles is wholly unrealistic and in denial.

Doreen Ellen Bell-Dotan, Tzfat, Israel
DoreenDotan@gmail.com

  And the Peace Goes On with God's Blessings